International Centre For Dispute Resolution Foundation Now Accepting Grant Proposal Descriptions
Saturday, May 28, 2016
Posted by: Brennan Frazier
AMERICAN ARBITRATION ASSOCIATION -
INTERNATIONAL CENTRE FOR DISPUTE RESOLUTION FOUNDATION, INC.
NOW ACCEPTING INITIAL DESCRIPTIONS OF GRANT PROPOSALS FOR SECOND FUNDING CYCLE
NEW YORK, NEW YORK, May 18, 2016 – The AAA-ICDR Foundation is now accepting proposals for its second funding cycle. Interested organizations or individuals should submit a 1-2 page Initial Description of Grant Request no later than October 14, 2016 go to www.AAAICDRFoundation.org for process and forms.
The American Arbitration Association (AAA®) and its international division, the International Centre for Dispute Resolution (ICDR®), announced the establishment of the AAA-ICDR FoundationTM in May 2015. Since that time, the Foundation Board: James R. Jenkins, India Johnson, John J. Kerr, Jr., Carolyn Lamm, Francis McGovern, Bruce Meyerson, and Board Chair Edna Sussman along with AAA/ICDR support staff have been hard at work in both the areas of grant making and fundraising.
The Foundation is a 501(c)(3) not-for-profit organization, and is able to solicit donations and provide grants to fund a range of worthy causes that promote the Foundation’s wide-reaching mission, which is to support the use and improvement of dispute resolution processes in the USA and internationally, including:
• Fostering measures that reduce potential escalation, manage, and resolve conflicts.
• Expanding the use of dispute resolution processes tailored to the conflict.
• Supporting research, education and initiatives promoting high quality, efficient and fair
• Increasing access to justice in and through alternative dispute resolution.
• Encouraging collaborative processes to resolve public conflicts.
• Sharing expertise across diverse groups and cultures.
• Partnering with others dedicated to advancing the Foundation’s mission
For more information on the AAA-ICDR Foundation and the grant application process, please visit www.AAAICDRFoundation.org.